2020 November Newsletter
Pack Rats Damaging Your HVAC?
Now that it is fall, temperatures are starting to cool down. Pack rats and other rodents often get into your home during this time because they’re looking for a warm place for shelter from the cold. Once inside, they can damage your AC ducts, insulation and electrical wires which can cause your system to stop running efficiently and ultimately stop running at all.
Help Prevent Pests From Damaging Your HVAC
The outdoor air conditioning units are manufactured to allow for drainage from rain and heat pumps are designed to allow for drainage when the unit goes into defrost on very cold mornings. These holes cannot be sealed and therefore cannot be pack rat proofed. In fact, no air conditioning installation can be 100% pack rat proof but you can do the following to help prevent rodents from damaging your HVAC:
- Keep the area around your condensing unit free and clear of debris.
- Have your HVAC system maintained throughout the year with a preventative maintenance plan.
- During your scheduled maintenance, the technician will clean the components and look for signs of pest activity in the condenser, vents and duct system.
- With regular maintenance, a technician can identify and repair any damages early on to prevent further breakdown of your system.
- If you find evidence of a pack rat, you need to contact a professional like Truly Nolen to help with removal and exclusion.
- Your HVAC contractor does not have the expertise or license to resolve rodent problems, we can only fix the damage done to your HVAC system.
“I had phenomenal service. The communication was informative and polite. I was notified when the technician would arrive via text. The technician, Chris, was respectful and diligent. He identified the issues and clearly communicated them to me. A+ service. I would highly recommend.”
– Hope Schau
On this Thanksgiving, we want to share our genuine appreciation for you. We wouldn’t be where we are today without our loyal clients. We hope you have a wonderful day celebrating all there is to be thankful for.